Pages

February 2, 2011

Sunny Arizona

I came out to Phoenix to spend some time with my folks & prepare for some new responsibilities as I help them with a fund raising project for their ministry. The time has been great as I have been able to also catch up with old friends and coworkers from when I used to live out here.

I also had a chance to ride a little as well. I shipped a bike out here ahead of me and rode a trail at South Mountain called the Desert Classic. It's been a blast. I chose to use the 1x9 while I was out here & it was a good choice. Tons of guys were riding singlespeeds, but the short climbs & rocky terrain made me happy to have a few inches of travel up front & the ability to gear down for climbs.

I unboxed the bike & rode about seven miles on the first day. It was a fun experience, the trails are WAY different from Illinois, as you might expect.





I got a chance to ride on four out of the five days I was here. The landscape is really different, and I wish that I had been a mountain biker back when I lived here.





I was supposed to fly home today, but the winter snow storms in Chicago are giving me an extra day out here. The bike is boxed up already so I won't be riding today. Soon I'll be back to cold weather riding on my rigid SS. I'll also be back to family. Whoo Hoo!

No comments: