Pages

September 9, 2008

Mini-streak

I was able to pick the streak back up on Friday for a nice 22 mile ride at Springbrook. Half of it was solo and I was joined by a coworker who lives near me for the middle section of the ride. It was a nice warm-up for the leg thrashing that I got from YC and the boyz on the FRT the next day.

I continued the bike festivities at Palos for the Meltdown race. I volunteered all day long and got to see some folks giving it their all. I've got to hand it to the sport and expert racers. They were killing it out there, especially the winner of the expert class, Thomas Bender. He was an absolute machine. I was on on the course with CDT and we were able to see him hammer through all four laps. He was on fire.

A little more rain hit us yesterday so the streak was over. However I'm still plugging away by getting a short 10 miler out this evening.

Tonight I realized that I need to do a lot more work if I want to get better than last at a ChiCrossCup race this Fall.

Hill repeats, here I come.

No comments: