Pages

September 19, 2008

Art, Music, Justice


I was at the first show in the Art, Music, Justice tour tonight. It was a pretty moving experience that brought issues of global poverty, human trafficking, and other abuses to the forefront for me. I've talked about these issues with others in the past, but haven't done anything about it myself. I was reintroduced to the issues by Sara Groves, Brandon Heath, Derek Webb, Sandra McCracken, and Charlie Peacock. They discussed topics, sang songs, and showed us videos of folks that have been filmed by The International Justice Mission and Food for the Hungry. I don't know if any of the shows on this tour are coming to a town near you, but I urge you to check it out. It'll open your eyes to a lot of things that you can do to help your neighbor, whether he/or she lives across the street or across the globe.


No comments: