Pages

August 30, 2008

It was a good week

Group Rides: We had the Knoch Knolls beginner ride this week and I did a short FRT ride after work with a coworker this week as well, luckily he didn't die on me. It was nice to spread some bike riding joy around this week.

Big Wheels: I rode a 29er 1x9 at the Knoch Knolls ride and I pretty much liked it. You really don't need to change gears much there, but there were a few times that I was glad to be able to drop it into a little cog in back and haul it down the widetrack. I admit, I love popping into the big ring at Springbrook and getting some speed whenever I ride the Kona out there. The IRO is still my favorite bike right now though, I don't really NEED gears when I'm riding out here anyway.

Solo Rides: Springbrook and more Springbrook, it ain't dirt but it's right outside my door. I'd also like to ride at FDR Dubuque before the weekend is out if that's possible. If not, we'll still have the alpine slides.

No comments: